Summary of the Role
The focus of the registered manager role is to develop, grow and manage FHC’s Domiciliary Care Services. The scope of FHC'S Domiciliary Care agency includes older people and those with disabilities who need care at home in order to be able to live independently.
The role requires a flexible and professional approach, taking initiative and problem solve when faced with challenges, which includes out of hours support on evenings and weekends when needed. The ability to build and maintain relationships with customers as well as a wide range of external stakeholders is essential, which includes working in partnership with other organisations.
The registered manager is accountable for meeting all regulatory and contractual requirements and delivering an outcome-focused person-centred service, through excellent leadership as well as good planning and appropriate delegation.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
· To develop the FHC’s Domiciliary Care Services, meeting all CQC regulations.
· To meet the contractual requirements of the home care framework for Cambridgeshire County Council, including KPI reporting, and work in close partnership with the organisations involved.
· To develop community diversification in supporting a range of client groups, both through the framework and privately funded packages.
· Maintaining supportive links and consultations with the parents/relatives/other stakeholders/advocates of people being cared for/supported by FHC.
· To ensure that all the processes involved in delivering excellent care, support, and practice in supporting individuals in each location in our Domiciliary Care Service meet FHC’s standards and those of our commissioners and regulators. To ensure that each individual’s needs are being met.
· To ensure the assessment process facilitates person-centred and outcome-focused care and support plans, undertake service audits, identify, and implement improvements.
· To promote and market the work of the FHC in developing Domiciliary Care Services.
· To take a lead role in developing, reviewing, and implementing policies and procedures which encourage good practice in Domiciliary Care.
· To develop productive relationships with other professionals and stakeholders and to take account of their policy direction and planning and incorporate them into Trust planning.
· To ensure all areas of revenue income and expenditure are controlled and monitored within agreed budgets and to work closely with the FHC’s Finance Manager.
· To calculate service costs for new referrals based on care assessment information.
· To embed the FHC’s Organisational Excellence-Values and Behaviours Policy into good practice.
· Recruit staff and volunteers in line with legal requirements and ensure rotas are planned to meet individual needs. To make sure that staff are supervised and appraised and that particular attention is paid to the needs of lone working staff within a full team approach.
· Implement and monitor health, safety and welfare policies including active sickness absence monitoring and management.
· Implement disciplinary policy and procedure for staff as required.
· Work with the FHC’s Training Co-ordinator and ensure staff training and individual development needs are fully met.
· To work individually and collectively to promote a constructive, fair, and sensitive approach to working with others from a variety of cultures and backgrounds. All employees are expected to carry out their tasks within the terms and intentions of the FHC’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
· Flexibility and creativity are needed in this position and the post holder may be required to undertake work not specifically referred to above. Such work will be consistent with the seniority of the post.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
· A professional social care/health qualification (E)
· Experience of managing Domiciliary Care (E)
· Experience as a Registered Manager (E)
· A professional management qualification (D)
· Proven ability to work individually and as part of a team (E)
· Experience in effectively managing budgets (E)
· Knowledge and experience of social care policies and practice at national and local levels (E)
· An understanding of contract culture & negotiating, marketing and tendering experience (D)
· Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing (E)
· A willingness to muck in and go the extra distance in developing a part of the FHC’s service continuum (E)
Job Title: Domiciliary Care Manager – CQC Registered
Location: Soham, Cambridgeshire
Hours per week 37.5 – Full-time
Reporting to: Nominated Individual
If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of your application, please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
Reference ID: FENH2
Application deadline: 25/02/2021
Expected start date: 03/03/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent